I hope everyone is doing fine since the last time I was able to post a message. I have been busy working in a new area of Iraq that many of you have probably seen in the news. Sadr City is an interesting place to say the least, and the living conditions are not quite what they are back here in Taji. The 18 hours of refit time that we had this past night and today have been a bit of a tease. Food, air conditioning, bathrooms, and a bed are things you learn to appreciate very much when there aren't any around. The Iraqis have done well over the past couple of weeks and it has luckily been quiet and calm in the area. We head back down there in a couple of hours, but hopefully we will be moving back soon, you never know what is going to happen around here so I can only cross my fingers. I will post some pictures below of the area in which we are living.
Here I am in the front yard. So embarrassed with how the lawn looks right now, but the gardener should be by tomorrow.
A beautiful bedroom view of the courtyard.
I have no idea why this is a link, but look at that city view....big selling point for me.
Nothing says "We are here to fight until all insurgents are out of Sadr City" quite like a couple bouquets of fake flowers on your T72 Tank.
Well that is about all the time I have this week. We are heading back out in an hour so I have to get ready. Talk to you all soon. Thanks again for the emails. Chris
No comments:
Post a Comment