Sunday, 4 May 2008

Pre-Iraq



A little picture from training up in Kuwait. Just like it looks, there is not too much out there. I know what you are thinking, aren't there supposed to be Bedouins roaming around with camels...oh wait there are Bedouins roaming around with camels.

Training up was more or less a four month process of classes, rehearsals, and ranges. From Kansas, to Kuwait, and then in Iraq it was a lot of information and training in a short period of time. Not the most pleasurable experience but somewhat useful now that we are in theater. Our team had time to get to know one another and work as a unit. A couple of dust storms and a handful of classes (and by "handful" I actually mean "mind boggling amount") later we were finally up in Iraq doing our current operations.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Is that Luke Skywalker I see riding in his SandSpeeder?

I think my droids used an escape pod to get to Obi Wan...if you find them, please send them back to me...very important "plans" enclosed.